Happy Friday! Cheers to making it through week six (give or take depending on where you live, of course!) of quarantine. The strangeness of the world right now hit me in a big way this week at Azelie’s two-month pediatrician appointment. Especially since we have a newborn in the house, we’ve been taking social distancing and our stay-at-home orders very seriously–I think that appointment was the second time I’ve stepped foot into another building than my house since this all started. Putting on my mask and wrapping Azelie up in the Solly wrap to cover her face made me feel half-supermom and half-panicky mess, which seems like a pretty good description of this whole experience for me. Friends, we are living out something I think we all would have considered impossible three months ago. Going through the postpartum season while also being confined to my home with my extroverted preschooler for two months minimum? Yup, I would have told you there’s NO FREAKING WAY I could make it through that. But, while some days can only be described as a disaster, others are actually incredibly precious. I can’t wait till this is over and we can go to church, hug our friends, and enjoy our city again, but in the meantime, there is something so affirming about the fact that no matter how it looks, we’re getting through this…one day at a time.
On to some things I’m loving this week!
1. I’ve had my eye on Weezie towels for a while, so I couldn’t say yes quickly enough when they asked if they could send me something to try! Their adorable makeup towel set showed up in my mailbox a few days later, and I instantly understood all the hype about their brand…it might be the best towel I’ve ever used. I love this navy set for washing my face (protecting my poor white towels from my makeup in the process), and am now saving up for their starter pack of bath and hand towels. Their makeup towels or adorable robes would both make such sweet Mother’s Day gifts!
2. Last year, I tested a bunch of different chocolate chip cookie recipes in the hopes of finding my perfect one. The clear winner to both Dave and me was this recipe from Elisabeth & Butter. I made a batch using my new KitchenAid mixer this week and was reaffirmed that yes, they really are the best! The only change I make to the recipe is using two cups of chocolate chips instead of three…this coming from someone who considers chocolate chips one of her favorite foods, I promise it’s enough!
3. I’ve been wanting a new sheet set for ages, and after spotting Emily‘s blue and white floral sheets on her Instagram Stories, I couldn’t message her quickly enough to find out the source. Turns out, they’re this $60 set (in white/blue floral) from Target! Anything that looks like it could be from Caitlin Wilson but is super budget-friendly is an automatic “add to cart” for me, and this was no exception. I love how they look in our room and the way the fabric strikes just the right balance between crisp and cozy–perfect for spring/summer.
4. Speaking of Caitlin Wilson, have you SEEN her new Cait Kids line?! Completely dreamy. In an unlimited budget world, I’d snap up this dresser for Charlie, this crib sheet for Azelie, this wallpaper for an accent wall in the playroom, and this wallpaper for my closet :)
5. Our front door makeover is officially underway! This was one of my favorite updates we did to our last house, so I know it’ll have a similar impact here. We are going with this color on both the front and back of the door, which I am SO excited about. Just waiting on this handle and this knocker to arrive and then we’ll get started!
To add to my new weekly Love Lists, I’m going to be including a question for you at the end of each post. Chime in in the comments below so I can get to know you better and we can wrap up the week together! Since I have quite a few home-related things on this week’s list, I’d love to know: what is your number one favorite spot in your house right now? Mine is in the glider that we have set up in our bedroom–it gives me the perfect view of our confederate rose bushes one way and the most-finished room in the house the other :)