Friends, we’re here! The last month of the year, the start of Advent, and a much-anticipated season of celebration. Over the last few years, Dave and I have been experimenting with different ways to distinguish between Advent and Christmas intentionally, and I feel like we finally have a good grasp on what works for us. We’re excited to dig into that this month, and, especially, to start some new traditions with our very enthusiastic four-year-old :) We’re sitting down this week to map out exactly when we want to enjoy all of our favorite festivities, and if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities right now, I encourage you to do the same (after reading this super encouraging Instagram post by one of the wisest mamas I follow. So good!).
November Goal Progress
Read the first half of Joy to the World in preparation for Advent/Christmas.
Figure out a Thanksgiving plan and celebrate well!
3. Paint the guest room and kids’ bathroom.
Order our Christmas cards! (From Minted, as usual–I have used Minted since we got married and love them!)
5. Back up photos and videos.
6. Finalize selections for our kitchen reno with my friend Callie‘s help. (In progress! Would y’all like to hear more about this? Let me know!)
Finish preparing for and lead the Blessed Is She workshop.
1. Finish Joy to the World and pray with the Blessed Is She Advent devotional daily.
2. Paint the guest room and kids’ bathroom.
3. Back up photos and videos.
4. Finalize and order kitchen hardware.
5. Celebrate ten years of blogging!
6. Send our Christmas cards.
7. Have a year-end-review date with Dave and a 2021 goal planning morning alone at a coffee shop.
8. Celebrate Christmas with joy!