Few things make me happier than finding the perfect piece to add to my home, and now that Dave and I are under one roof, it has become even more exciting when I find something we both love. I’m a big believer in surrounding myself with things that make me happy, but I admit, making sure our home keeps a good masculine/feminine balance has been a learning experience for me so far. I’m glad I took advantage of having my own, unapologetically girly space when I was single (see my “bachelorette pad” here!), and whether you’re picking up gifts for a single gal who never says no to sequins or a newlywed who’s doing her best to find a great balance between her and her husband’s styles, I hope you find something that’s just right in this round-up!
1. Sequin heart throw pillow: A sweet finishing touch for a bed or sofa.
2. Gourmet honey: A must-have for last minute entertaining (or weeknight cheese plates for two).
3. Boxwood topiary: A not-too-girly arrangement that lasts all year round.
4. Striped vase: Even grocery store blooms would look fabulous in this bold vase!
5. “Our First Married Christmas” ornament: This ornament–a collaboration between Paloma’s Nest and my wedding calligrapher–is on the top of my list!
6. Herringbone throw: I love the sky blue color and subtle pattern of this snuggly throw blanket.
7. Winter candle: Because everything is cozier when candles are lit!
8. Wood and marble cutting board: Wood + marble = the perfect mix of masculine and feminine.
9. Monogrammed lacquer tray: The perfect-sized tray for displaying on a coffee table (Dave and I used one at our wedding to collect our “guest book” postcards).
10. Decanter set: A fun gift for a newlywed couple–this is Dave’s favorite thing in this gift guide :)