Over the past few months as I contemplated getting back into blogging, I had a lot of fun going through some of my archives, especially from around when I started blogging in 2010. Some of my all-time favorite posts are a series of packing lists I made for four different honeymoon destinations, and even though my “graphic designing” was atrocious (I used Paint, y’all…it was bad), I still think the concept is so fun. Traveling is a huge passion of mine, and with 11 years overseas and a semester abroad under my belt, I consider myself somewhat of a packing expert. This weekend, I’m crossing off a big bucket list and career goal by traveling with my dear friend and coworker, Emily, to Bridal Market (bridal’s version of Fashion Week). I cannot WAIT, and now that I’ve finally nailed down my packing list, I thought I’d share a few items I’ll be bringing with me.
1. A chic, but slightly romantic, blouse (this is bridal fashion we’re talking about, after all!) that can be dressed up or down.
2. I’ve had this outfit saved on Pinterest for ages, and figured Bridal Market would be the perfect place to recreate the look with all black attire and a statement necklace.
3. My go-to scalloped little black dress, to be worn with a top knot and bright red lips.
4. My trusty navy Longchamp tote for carrying around the essentials: my wallet, my change of shoes, an umbrella, my cell phone, and lipstick.
5. Cute smoking slippers in a dark color for running around the city between shows.
6. I borrowed Dave’s black Ray Bans after my old sunglasses broke…about three months ago. I love the classic shape that I’m convinced looks good on anyone!
7. I wear these Kate Spade earrings at least four times a week–they add just the right amount of sparkle to my mostly-neutral wardrobe staples.
If you’re headed to Market, let me know–Emily and I would love to see a few familiar faces! :)