What. A. Week. Hope you are hanging in there and finding moments of joy and peace amidst all the chaos and uncertainty. A few positives from my week and on my mind: Dave had Election Day off so we got to spend some extra time together as a family. I took Azelie out on a walk sans-headphones so I could just soak in the quiet and breathe in the fall air. Charlie has been working on syllables at school so we’ve been clapping out lots of words (it makes him seem so old!!). We are prepping for a trip next weekend that I am so excited about. I got to spend an hour with a dear friend I haven’t seen in a long time. I’m getting a much-needed haircut tomorrow (I think I’m going to go short like this again!). Holiday posts are coming along and I can’t wait to share them (think pajamas, The Nutcracker, classic decor, St. Lucy…it’s going to be fun!). No matter what, there is so much to look forward to!
1. I’ve been challenging myself to get on Instagram Stories every weekday morning to share a little something–what’s going on that day, a product I’m loving, or just anything that’s on my mind. It has been a really fun new way for me to connect with y’all and if you’ve been watching, I hope you’re enjoying it! I generally pop on between 10-11 A.M. Hope to see you there :)
2. Officially my new obsession: Plain Jane jogger sets. Y’ALL. They are amazing. I am going to be featuring them in an upcoming post so more details to come, but I wanted to go ahead and share now in case their darling holiday prints sell out sooner than later! I have the Spice Stripe set in a small and think it fits perfectly. A few features I love: the DREAMY material (either the same or very similar fabric to Solly wraps!), the jogger-style pants (I really dislike loose pajama bottoms so these are perfect for me), and the drapey top that hangs a little longer in the back. P.S. Don’t miss their kids’ styles either! Those flutter-sleeve nightgowns…precious.
3. My stress baking this week led to a bit of a revelation. I made my favorite brownie recipe but realized halfway through that I was out of vanilla. I substituted almond extract (half of the amount of vanilla called for) and the results were so delicious.
4. Do you follow Riley Sheehey on Instagram? Her whimsical illustrations make her one of my absolute favorite follows. She just launched a gorgeous tableware collaboration with Moda Operandi and I hope it means there are many more product lines in her future (fingers crossed at a more affordable price point, since these pieces fall firmly in the “admire from afar” category for me!).
5. Beautycounter Holiday Sets are available! I always pick up a few since they’re a great way to test out products to review for y’all, and the ones I bought this year might be my favorites yet. More to come next week, but if you’re gift shopping for any beauty lovers, want to take your skincare routine up a notch, or could use a pick-me-up from some pretty new makeup, take a peek at the offerings here.
Have a relaxing weekend!