It feels funny to type “fall-to-winter” when it felt like 90 degrees on Saturday, but such is North Carolina weather: up and down and up and down, rather than a gradual cooling off. There’s a chill in the air today reminding me that, sure enough, fall will be here to stay soon. The vast majority of my beauty products stay the same all year-round, but right now, I have two skincare concerns at the top of my mind. First, after dealing with super dry skin and lips all last winter, I’m hoping to take a more proactive approach this year. Second, since masks don’t seem to be going anywhere, I am trying to keep my skin clear as best as I can. On a more fun note, with the holidays around the corner, I’m also inspired to add a few festive pops of color to my daily routine. Take a peek at some fall-to-winter beauty products I am already using and loving, as well as a few I’m eager to try, below!
1. Usually, bold lipstick would be at the top of my beauty favorites lists this time of year, but in these mask-wearing days, that feels like the last thing on my mind! Instead, I’m picking up this lip care set that includes an exfoliating polish and a conditioning balm. My lips always get parched in the winter and I suspect masks won’t do them any favors, so here’s hoping this set does the trick!
2. An unexpected “beauty” must-have right now, mouthwash apparently helps decrease the bacteria in our mouths that can cause mask-induced acne. Like I mentioned in a recent Love List, I got a sample of this alcohol-free RiseWell one at the dentist recently and have been floored by how much I like it. It’s so much better than any other mouthwash I’ve ever tried!
3. Over the last year or so, I have been circling through a half-dozen different dry shampoo brands in search of a cheaper go-to. Alas, nothing holds a candle to my beloved Drybar Detox dry shampoo! This limited-edition holiday bottle has such a fun, festive feel, but I honestly love the original scent too much to stray from it. (Side note, this is the only non-clean beauty product on this list. I would estimate that 80% of the beauty products I use right now are clean, with hair products and toothpaste being the two main exceptions.)
4. Caudalie is one of my very favorite skincare brands. It has been years since I used their Beauty Elixir regularly, but with the weather change on the horizon, I’ll take all the extra radiance and hydration I can get! The mini bottle is under $20 and lasts for ages.
5. I’ve been using Native deodorant for two years or so and am such a big fan of it, I was intrigued to try their body wash when I saw it on the shelf at Target. Definitely a winner–it isn’t drying, lathers well, and comes in so many delightful scents. The most cost-effective way to buy it is in a three-pack on their website, here.
6. Beautycounter launched a new concealer last week and I cannot WAIT till mine comes in the mail. I liked the formula of the previous concealer, but the click-y brush applicator drove me nuts. Hoping this new one works as well for me as the new foundation (which I’m still using daily and loving) does.
7. I see Instagram ads for Olive & June more than almost anything else. Their clean nail polish comes in tons of gorgeous shades, including this deep burgundy red–my favorite nail color this time of year. At only $8 per bottle, it definitely seems worth a try!
8. This charcoal mask has been my breakout-fighting secret weapon for over three years. Any time I feel a breakout coming on (no matter if it’s hormonal, stress-related, or now mask-related), I apply it for ten minutes before bed and always wake up with clearer skin and smaller pores.
9. I’ve been using Beautycounter’s Color Pinch Cream Blusher (in Hibiscus) for over a year, and even though I like it, I’m getting a little bored of it. Considering switching it up for this admittedly-similar-but-different cheek stain from Ilia. Let me know if you’ve tried it and what you think!