There are a bunch of posts I want to squeeze into this month, so I’m combining this week’s Love List with my October goals! September was a great month–definitely one of the best of the year so far. Even though it obviously looks a little different than last fall, it feels so good to be back in a daily rhythm around Charlie’s school days. I had hardly realized how many other things that routine impacted, from my daily rosaries (which I pray in the car) to my motivation to get dressed in non-workout clothes every day. Hoping for even more of the same in October, along with some more house progress (I have a “one year in our house” home tour update planned for the end of the month!) and lots of fall weekend adventures.
1. The Blessed Is She Advent Journal is now available!! I’ve been using their Advent journals for years and always look forward to them. In an Advent that will no doubt look different, it’s comforting to think of how many of the most important things can remain the same. I treated myself to the Advent bundle, which also includes a beautiful Holy Family candle and a rosary bracelet (with a moveable charm for marking your place if you get interrupted…which is always ;)), this year. For the first time, they’re also offering a kids Advent journal (designed for ages 6-12) that looks so wonderful!
2. This is officially one of the cutest and comfiest sports bras I’ve ever owned. I wasn’t expecting to be able to wear it much while nursing, but as it turns out, the material is stretchy enough to pull down easily. If you are like someone I know (ahem) and have been wearing the same sports bras for 5+ years, break that streak with this one! I kind of want another color…
3. Sally’s Baking Addiction never steers me wrong, and these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that Charlie and I made the other day were no exception. He has been really into baking lately–it’s so cute! Let me know if you have any favorite recipes that are especially fun for kids to help wth.
September Goal Progress
Fill out my prayer journal and spend time praying over each intention.
Check off as many items as possible from our Summer Joy List.
Celebrate Charlie’s fourth birthday in a special way!
Paint Charlie’s room and the downstairs hallway.
Shoot my next post in the For This Feast series (the Feast of the Archangels) and plan out the rest of the year’s tablescapes. (Minus November, which I don’t have a feast day picked out for yet. Let me know if you have any requests!)
Plan ahead for holiday content!!
7. Start taking one night a week “off” to rest, outside of the house. (Getting out the door is so much harder than I thought it would be! Thinking through a possible easier alternative until Azelie is through her current sleep regression.)
1. Add spiritual reading back into my daily prayer routine.
2. Go to the pumpkin patch and decorate our front steps.
3. Figure out a Halloween game plan. It was not big at all in our last neighborhood, but apparently, it is huge in our new one! I’m curious to see how it pans out with appropriate safety measures, but I want to plan ahead and be prepared as best as I can.
4. Paint the downstairs hallway. (Are y’all sick of seeing this on my goals yet? I am! Planning to finally get it over with this weekend.)
5. Finalize selections for our kitchen reno (!!!) with my friend Callie‘s help.
6. Prepare for the Blessed Is She workshop I’m leading in November. Nervous/excited about this–please pray for me!