Inspiration boards used to be a Something Pretty staple. You can still find all of the wedding boards I created on this page, in fact! I love looking through them from time to time and remembering the late nights I spent in my college apartment, scrolling the pre-Pinterest internet for images to include. While I still love a good wedding or party inspiration board, I have been brainstorming for a twist on the concept that feels truer to what I love curating nowadays: classic wardrobe staples that really work for everyday life, thoughtful additions to my home, and sweet finds for the kids. Each month, I’ll be rounding up all of the above in a monthly “edit”…so named in honor of my magazine journalism roots :) September’s edit features a dusty blue, beige, and ivory palette with pops of leopard and black for the perfect summer-to-fall transitional feel. I love the way these pieces feel cozy, but still fresh.
1. The dusty blue antelope-print dress that is a bit of a splurge, but would look adorable styled for any season
2. An ethically made ruffle-neck sweater in the perfect shade of dusty blue
3. A playful pop of leopard to add to any look
4. A mug for cozying up with your fall beverage of choice
5. An especially stylish twist on a classic white button-down, thanks to a statement collar
6. Darling (and super comfortable) bow mules in the perfect neutral hues (take 10% off your first Margaux order with the code LISA. Size up for the mules!)
7. A contrast-trim cardigan for chilly mornings and evenings
8. A sky blue blouse that’s pretty on its own or layered under a jacket
9. A sweet fall pumpkin that won’t clash with your decor
10. Chic suede loafers that double as slippers–just right for work-from-home life
11. A timeless French blue Breton striped dress by my favorite pajama brand
12. A little gal’s leopard dress for under $10
13. A gorgeous charcuterie board for intimate gatherings (and all-the-time display)
14. Chinos with a side stripe for a polished twist
Which of these pieces is your favorite? I would be wearing that white button-down and leopard headband together today if they were in my closet!