As you might have noticed, I did not even attempt to set goals for August. Dave’s broken elbow (which is almost completely healed, thank God!), back-to-back visitors, and then our first (wonderful!) trips of 2020 threw off any semblance of routine in our house from mid-July onward. It felt like the right time to pause from moving forward and, instead, to reevaluate what I want to focus on during the last few months of the year. If you have been itching to do the same, here’s your permission slip :)
Many things are going to look different this month. Charlie heads back to in-person preschool, I’m starting a new season of self-employment, and we have some fun events on the calendar…most importantly, Charlie’s fourth birthday!! I’m excited to create and settle into a new rhythm, as well as to make progress on the 2020 goals I’ve determined are my highest priorities: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.
1. Fill out my prayer journal and spend time praying over each intention (read about my favorite prayer journals here–I fell out of the habit of using them, but am eager to start back up again! I think it’ll be a great fit for this season.)
2. Check off as many items as possible from our Summer Joy List.
3. Celebrate Charlie’s fourth birthday in a special way!
4. Paint Charlie’s room and the downstairs hallway.
5. Shoot my next post in the For This Feast series (the Feast of the Archangels!) and plan out the rest of the year’s tablescapes.
6. Plan ahead for holiday content!! Please let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see! (A few past favorites: What to Wear to a Christmas Church Service, Two Ways to Style Holiday Tartan, a Catholic Gift Guide, Our Christmas Traditions, and An Easy Holiday Makeup Look)
7. Start taking one night a week “off” to rest, outside of the house. Do any mamas here do this? It was gently recommended to me and I’m nervous/excited about the idea.
Cheering you on in whatever you may be tackling this month!