Cheers to the long weekend! Ours is actually extra long because Dave’s company gave everyone the day off today and he’s taking a half-day on Tuesday for Azelie’s baptism. Even though the days are certainly still blending together (seriously, HOW is it almost June?!), the weekends are starting to feel extra special now that summer is around the corner. Keeping this intro short and sweet so we can jump right into some current favorites, a fun question that I’m eager to read your answer to, and then a sunny weekend ahead!
1. My friend Emily sent me a gorgeous print of a watercolor she did (shown above) of one of my favorite places in the world: the Kartause in Gaming, Austria, where Dave and I met. It’s part of the landscape series she’s been doing during quarantine, which has been so much fun to follow along with. I know I have a handful of readers who share my love of Gaming, so don’t miss the giveaway Emily and I are doing for the print on Instagram today!
2. I lament more frequently than I want to admit that I have the worst eyelashes in our house, ha! I will jump at the chance if Dave ever approves “eyelash extensions” in our budget (unlikely…), but in the meantime, I keep switching up mascaras in the hopes of finding one that gives me lashes to rival Charlie’s (also unlikely ;)). My latest discovery is Honest Beauty mascara, which I’ve been very impressed by. It’s affordable and made with clean ingredients, and it holds the curl in my lashes all day long.
3. One more beauty favorite: Beautycounter just launched a new foundation that I can’t wait to try. I wasn’t crazy about their old foundation formula, but have been loving my Dew Skin tinted moisturizer so much lately, it inspired me to give the new foundation a go. I ordered it in Light 210 and will report back!
4. I just started following @cassmakeshome and love her interiors style! Such a great balance between classic and clean + warm and full of character. Her kitchen reno has me a little bit tempted to start DIY-ing ours, though, which I am verrrry unqualified to do…thinking I should at least wait till post-quarantine in case I mess anything up that then needs professional attention!
5. Azelie is three months old today! I love filling out her Promptly journal each month–it provides thoughtful prompts and the perfect amount of space to record memories. Plus, the book is so beautiful and heirloom-worthy! Definitely recommend as a sweet baby gift or to pick up yourself during pregnancy.
Inspired by the Gaming watercolor, I would love to hear: what are your top three favorite places in the whole world? Other than the hill pictured in the painting (I know, I’m cheating by choosing four!), here are mine, in no particular order:
1. The steps of the New York public library
2. St. Peter’s square in Rome
3. Pippin Hill