As predicted, September was a full month, but such a good one. Charlie had a wonderful third birthday (complete with an Amtrak train ride and outer space-themed cupcakes), and just two days later, we found out that baby Kirk is a girl!! Finding out the gender of our babies makes the whole experience so much more real to me. We’re already loving calling baby girl by name and dreaming of how our lives will change with a daughter in our family. My heart melts in a puddle envisioning Charlie with a little sister! Spending the last weekend of the month in Virginia Beach with our dear friends was the cherry on top, especially since they have a toddler boy and a baby girl. This was our second annual trip for our two families, and if we keep up the tradition next year, we’ll have added an additional child each year. This season of life sure is fun :)
1. Within a few hours of finding out baby Kirk was a girl, I moved a few Solly Baby items from my secret Pinterest board to my cart! I love Solly’s products and mission—if you’re a mama, be sure to follow them on Instagram for lots of encouragement (plus the sweetest photos). This gorgeous floral wrap, this matching sleeper set (her coming home outfit!), and this sleep gown are on their way.
2. I haven’t been too interested in many parenting books, but this one was fascinating to me. I was encouraged to read that we’re already using a handful of Montessori principles in our home, and found lots of new ideas to complement and reinforce those things. I borrowed the book from the library, but plan to buy a copy to underline and reference often.
3. I’ve been so excited about Margaux for Gal Meets Glam Collection, which launched earlier this week! All four shoe styles are gorgeous, high-quality, super comfortable, and limited-edition, so don’t miss out if you have your eye on a pair. I wear my Margaux flats (seen here) ALL the time and can’t recommend them enough. I got The Boot from the GMGC collection and cannot wait to take them for a spin this weekend (since the temperature will finally fall below 80!).
4. Blessed Is She launched their 2019 Advent and Christmas journal yesterday! I’ve been using their journals every year since 2015 and they have become such an important part of my Advent season. I know it still feels far away, but go ahead and grab one here before they sell out so you’ll be totally ready come December 1.
5. Dave and I have been trying to get better about using our real camera to capture everyday moments. A few weeks ago, we binge-watched a bunch of videos on this YouTube channel and picked up some great tips that have been incredibly easy to implement.
Finish The Heart of Perfection and pray through 33 Days to Merciful Love. (The latter is ongoing and wonderful so far!)
Plan ahead for the many October feast days that are special to our family.
3. Redo our laundry closet.
4. Work out with the Studio Tone It Up app pregnancy routines three times a week.
5. Finish curating 2017 photos and design album.
Gracefully enter into life as a school family.
1. Complete 33 Days to Merciful Love, and then add reading St. Faustina’s diary back into my daily prayer routine.
2. Carry out our October feast day celebrations!
3. Join in with the Ashley Brooke book club for the month—I’ve enjoyed every book she has recommended so far!
4. Redo our laundry closet.
5. For real…three workouts a week! I looked through my bump photos from my pregnancy with Charlie the other day and realized that even though I feel like it’s already been a long time, I have a looong way to go with this pregnancy. I know I will really regret it in a few months if I don’t start building up my strength now.
6. Spend an hour this week mapping out some upcoming blog/social media content. This is my favorite time of year for blogging and I don’t want it to get away from me!
7. Finish curating 2017 photos and design album.
8. Plan our babymoon! We’re headed to Asheville at the very beginning of November, so let me know any favorite spots we should check out while we’re there. (And if you’re Asheville-bound this fall, take a look at this recap from our trip there last year, friends and toddlers in tow!)