Popping in with September goals a little late so I could share ideas for celebrating September feast days right at the beginning of the month! Dave and I just bought a big dry-erase calendar for our shared office, and as we filled it out, we both agreed, September is going to FLY by. A few big things coming up this month: a visit from Dave’s parents one weekend, a visit from my youngest sister the next, a retreat for Dave, and Charlie’s second birthday!! On top of those busy weekends, did I mention I started a new job this week? More details to come as I get settled in, but for now, I’ll share that it’s still part-time and from-home (such a blessing!) and is for an incredible company that I have admired for a very long time. The opportunity came up somewhat unexpectedly and it was too exciting to pass up! More details to come soon, promise :)
(Note: this year, I’m setting a monthly goal per yearly goal!)
1. Do a holy hour. (I think I’ve prayed more than ever this month for many reasons, but haven’t made it to a holy hour. Definitely want to do this in September.)
Write and print a revised Rule of Life to reflect fall, some work/babysitting schedule changes, etc.
Make a final plan for sprucing up our laundry closet and take some action.
Support Dave in his LAST FEW WEEKS of CPA studying!!!
Celebrate the August birthdays in my family.
Get back on track a little with half-marathon training.
7. Complete a personal writing project I’ve been working on this summer.
Learn about insurance.
Read Forget Not Love and maybe something fun/fiction.
1. Start the Endow study on St. John Paul II’s Letter to Women with some friends! So excited about this.
2. Pay close attention to our revised Rule of Life daily as I start my new job and Dave’s schedule changes.
3. Decorate our house for fall!
4. Go on a much-belated date night when Dave’s parents are in town. (We are FINALLY going to eat at this gorgeous restaurant).
5. Intentionally pray for and encourage specific family members who are navigating hard seasons.
6. Keep up with half-marathon training and start stretching after every run.
7. Honestly, my writing goal is just to at least somewhat keep up with blogging during a month of transition–there are a bunch of things I want to share with y’all!
8. Stay within our budget specifically for Charlie’s birthday/party…easier said than done :)
9. Read Parenting with Love and Logic.