Having a little one adds a whole new dimension to Christmas…and gosh, is it fun already! We are so curious to see how Charlie responds to Christmas activities this year, since last year, he was too young to have a clue what was going on. How we want to approach gifts has been a topic of much discussion in our family, and I’m sure it will continue to be. We’re on the minimalist side when it comes to toys and would like to keep it that way, so our favorite gifts for Charlie right now are clothes, books, and experiences–we received a membership to a local kids museum for his birthday and have been loving it! While I certainly hope the kiddos in your life would love anything from this list, I definitely encourage you to brainstorm experiences you may be able to gift them as well, even while they’re this young!
Gifts over $50 are starred!
1. Little Unicorn cotton muslin quilt: I’m a little obsessed with Little Unicorn’s gorgeous prints–we used their swaddles, and now that Charlie is older, this quilt is on his Christmas list.
2. Reversible Snack Shack playhouse: I can’t get over how cute this little café playhouse is…and even better, it reverses into a barbecue stand for double the fun! I would have LOVED this as a kid, so I’m pretty tempted to scoop one up now and save it for a few years.
3. Wooden cookie baking set: This sweet set might be my favorite thing from Magnolia’s new Target collection. It’s perfect for cozy winter play time!
*4. Little Poppy Co. bow subscription: If we ever have a little girl, I’d be so thrilled to receive a bow subscription from Little Poppy Co. for her. They have the cutest prints that beautifully complement every month of the year.
*5. Navy castle party dress: Two Mini Boden favorites here–one for girls, one for boys! This twirly dress is so adorable and unique. How about that sparkly peter pan collar?
6. Reindeer sweater: Some of my favorite gifts we receive for Charlie are extra special articles of clothing that we love, but won’t splurge on ourselves. This precious sweater falls right into that category. It also comes in a fox print.
7. Little Blue Truck Leads the Way: This is one of Charlie’s favorite books! Not too many children’s books seem to take place in cities, so this one is a great addition to any city kid’s library :)
*8. cuddle + kind doll: These dolls are pricey, but for great reason: with each doll purchased, meals are provided for ten children in need. I love the idea of explaining this to an older child!
9. Reindeer booties: Can you imagine a little toddler padding down the hall in these slippers on Christmas morning? So darn cute!
10. Floral unicorn: This Liberty of London-esque print unicorn would make such a pretty addition to a little girl’s nursery or bedroom.
12. Croissant teether: This wooden teether made me smile. What mama wouldn’t rather have a chic croissant tucked into her bag than one of the crazy colorful rubber teethers out there, right? ;)
13. Muslin burpy bibs: I’m pretty sure babies can never have too many burp cloths, and we loved these aden + anais ones when Charlie was tiny. They have little snaps to transition from a burp cloth to a bib easily. Comes in 19 patterns.