This might have been my favorite gift guide to compile this year. While moms would certainly love the same gifts for her home or closet, etc. that any other woman would, I’ve realized over the last year that there’s something extra special about receiving a gift chosen specifically for the season of life that I’m in–something to encourage me, a little luxury, or something to make my life as a mama easier. You’ll find gifts that fit all three of those descriptions below!
Note: most of these gift ideas are under $50, but the ones that are more of a splurge are starred for easy reference!
*1. Maternity/nursing Lake Pajamas nightgown: Lake Pajamas are the absolute softest, dreamiest PJs–they’re a little bit of a splurge, but this maternity/nursing option (it’s stretchy enough to grow with a bump and has snaps on the straps for nursing) would make any new mama or mama-to-be feel especially pretty and comfy.
2. Colorful diaper clutch: Even with a diaper bag, a specific clutch that holds diapers and wipes, and doubles as a cushy changing pad, is so handy! The cheerful pattern on this one would make even the most frazzling in-public diaper changes a little brighter.
3. Sugarfina champagne candy bento box: Whenever we bring dinner to friends with a new baby, I always throw in a sweet treat just for mama to enjoy during late night feedings. Sugarfina gummies are delectable (and that’s speaking as a loyal chocolate lover!), and I love that this box features celebratory champagne gummies!
4. Promptly journal: These elegant journals would make such a special keepsake. They’re filled with prompts to help mamas record sweet memories from pregnancy through their child’s teen years. So meaningful and totally heirloom-worthy!
*5. Solly wrap: If you followed me on Instagram when Charlie was teeny tiny, you may remember that we were OBSESSED with our Solly wrap. It was a lifesaver for more occasions than I can count, and is the number one product I recommend to new moms. Tip: start using it as soon as baby is eight pounds so that they get used to it nice and early.
6. Beautycounter Nourishing Rosewater Mist: I joke that this mist is my number one hospital bag must-have for future babies. It’s luxuriously refreshing and smells gorgeous…plus, it’s made with safer ingredients, so a mama doesn’t have to worry about using it near a little one.
7. S’well water bottle: Whether a mama has a new baby and is adjusting to a different schedule, or she’s constantly on the go with bigger kids, a water bottle that actually keeps water ice cold is so handy. I was gifted a S’well bottle last year and am literally never without it.
8. The Magic of Motherhood: I sobbed my way through this entire book–it’s a breathtaking collection of honest essays about motherhood. I’ve gifted it to two pregnant friends since I read it, always with the recommendation to read it after baby arrives and she’s wondering if what she’s feeling or experiencing is normal–not from a practical standpoint, but from a heart standpoint. Everything Coffee + Crumbs publishes encourages me that I’m part of something bigger.
9. A cozy flannel button-down: Postpartum dressing is no joke. I loved reaching for comfy button-downs and leggings during the early days of motherhood…and I still do from time to time now! J. Crew Factory has tons of patterns this season that will bring a mama right through winter in style.
10. Beautycounter Lip Conditioner: I’m not sure if it was nursing or the weather or what, but my lips were constantly dry when Charlie was first born. I now put this lip conditioner on before bed every single night, and it’s undoubtedly my favorite I’ve ever used. Great stocking stuffer too!
11. Calming bath salts: I’m not a much of a bath person, but a bunch of my mom friends love unwinding with baths at the end of the day. These bath salts are scented with ylang-ylang and vanilla, and the bottle is so pretty.
12. Floral twist headband: I practically lived in a headband like this after having Charlie. The pop of color and comfortable fabric helped me feel a little more put together when my hair was in a permanent top knot during those early days.
13. Pretty stationery: Between meal train dinners and baby gifts, new moms write a lot of thank you notes. Gift this charming set with the disclaimer that she doesn’t have to use one on you ;)
*14. Cute sneakers: Bless you, whoever decided to make athleisure a trend and started the flood of adorable sneakers on the market. These gold patterned ones are a collaboration between Keds and Rifle Paper Co., and I love that they’re a fun twist on a neutral shoe.
*15. Chic diaper bag: I’m usually kind of anti-backpack, but this one is so pretty…plus, it comes equipped with a changing pad and a bottle cooler. As much as I love my Kate Spade diaper bag, I must admit, I’m a little bit tempted to add this to my wish list. Also comes in navy.
16. Write the Word journal: I’ve been using the Renewal version of Write the Word for a few months now and think it’s perfect for anyone in a new season of life–mama or otherwise! The best thing about Write the Word is that it makes diving into the Bible and prayer journaling feel SO easy and accessible.
17. Teething necklace: There are lots of teething necklaces out there, but I think Mama and Little makes the prettiest ones! I have the one pictured here and it was my favorite thing to wear when Charlie was teething (you can see it on me here). Use the code SOMETHINGPRETTY for 15% off your order of $10+!
18. ThirdLove gift card: Let’s just say that the whole pregnancy/nursing experience causes some changes and that new bras may be a much-needed investment. ThirdLove bras are the absolute best–you can read more about why I love them here.
More gift guides:
Gifts for the home