Y’all, it’s June, and that means SUMMER! I’ve been out of school for four years, but flipping my calendar to this month still gives me excited butterflies in my stomach. Do you have any fun plans coming up? We’re sticking pretty close to home in June, but will be eagerly checking things off of our summer list (coming soon). In July, however, one of my best (and oldest–we’ve known each other since 1993!) friends is getting married in Virginia, and my whole family is coming up for the celebration. I’m already counting down the days, especially since I haven’t seen my brother and youngest sister since Christmas! That’s the sweetest thing about summer, I think–even without many big holidays to celebrate, the season creates such beautiful opportunities to spend quality time with loved ones. Yes please to that!
Celebrate our second wedding anniversary!
Try a new class at the Y
Serve a couple at my church as part of the wedding committee
Give our house’s exterior a makeover
5. Write a personal essay about motherhood (have made good progress!)
1. Make some changes to my blog workflow and organization to better fit my new daily schedule and content goals
2. Bring meals to two families and snuggle their sweet new babies!
3. Read two books (would love suggestions for great fiction books you’ve read lately! Nothing depressing or scary, please :) )
4. Finish my first draft of my personal essay
5. Test out some new products from BeautyCounter–SO excited about this!
P.S. Really quickly, there are three new features on Something Pretty that I want to point out to you!
1. If you hover over “Lifestyle” in the menu at the top of the page, you’ll see a dropdown for some of my most popular/favorite categories, like motherhood, marriage, and our house.
2. The Celebrations page, also listed at the top, is now organized by holiday! I’m so excited to bulk this up a lot throughout this year and make it a fun and useful resource for those special days :)
3. You can now shop my LiketoKnow.it-enabled Instagrams by going to “Shop” on the very top of the page. (P.S. You don’t need to sign up for LiketoKnow.it in order to see the links there!)