Home goods can be a little tricky to buy for other people (raise your hand if you’re ridiculously picky about what’s displayed in your house…I am!), but when chosen well, I think they can make for some of the most meaningful and useful gifts. My two tricks? 1. Opt for a something simple and classic that people may not splurge on for themselves, or 2. Choose something unique that isn’t necessarily meant to be out ALL the time. Of course, both of these guidelines can go out the window if you’re choosing a gift for a person whose style who know really well–I can think of people on my list that fit into both categories. I chose a few items for each of these strategies for today’s guide, and especially being in a new house I’m still very much in the process of decorating, I know I’d love to receive any of them!
Note: Almost all of these gifts are under $50 since that’s usually my cap, but I included a few splurges as well, which are starred!
1. The Year of Cozy: The loveliest cooking and crafting inspiration to last the whole year ahead.
*2. Copper candlestick gift set: I think this is one of the loveliest gift ideas I’ve come across this year: a pair of copper candlesticks and taper candles in a monogrammed wooden box.
3. Gingham playing cards: I always tease Dave because he never plays Spit (the only card game I know) with me, but I think even he would be convinced by these gingham cards!
4. Rose gold candle: A no-fail hostess gift, thanks to the pretty scent and chic design.
5. Watercolor appetizer plates: I wouldn’t buy appetizer plates for myself, but know I’d love pulling these out when serving wine and cheese to guests.
6. Monogrammed mug: I love the Scandinavian-inspired motif on this subtly monogrammed mug.
7. Silver beaded pillow: Perfect for adding a little glitz to your couch for the holidays!
8. Gold glitter picture frame: A sparkly home for a festive photo.
*9. Letter board: I can’t get enough of these vintage-inspired letter boards for sweet notes and cheeky sayings.
10. Marbled vase: A unique vase feels like the next step up from bringing flowers to a hostess.
11. Herb garden calendar: This Rifle Paper Co. beauty is more like art than a calendar.
12. Wreath: This unique wreath would be such a welcome gift in the middle of winter.
13. Hanging planter: How cool is this? I love the combination of mint ceramic, cork, and leather.
14. Watercolor peony print: Because everyone loves peonies!
*15. Monogrammed guest book: A special keepsake for beloved house guests to sign.
16. Domino coffee table book: Domino’s first book was gorgeous, and I bet this new one is even better.
17. Mint julep cups: A must for any good Southern bar cart!
18. Marble and gold tray: This would work just as well for holding jewelry and perfume as it would for holding appetizers.
More gift guides:
Gifts for new mamas
I’m super picky too when it comes to home decor but I personally LOVE the wreath!! :) And I agree that candles are always a wonderful gift (and safe bet) for other picky home enthusiasts – typically my go-to, but all of these are great ideas! I can’t believe how close the holidays are – loving these guides, Lisa!
Thanks, friend! I was originally looking for a cheaper version of the perfect magnolia wreath from Magnolia Market, but thought that one was so cool and unique!
Truth! I love how you included a few home decor books. They are well-suited for the design enthusiast but not necessarily something that is displayed in case she is selective about decor in her home.
I totally agree! Plus something about coffee table books feels kind of delightfully indulgent to me :)
Great picks, Lisa! I live in a studio with hardly any storage space so I am super picky of what I let into my home simply because everything is always on display. However I definitely wouldn’t say no to either the letter board or the marble and gold tray ;-)
Thanks, Kristina! I am definitely loving those letter boards–they have an awesome Instagram account, which makes me want one even more! ;)
Just spent way too much time perusing the Terrain website. I never heard of them but they have such lovely things. I do love those coffee mugs too!
I didn’t know you didn’t know about them! They’re an Anthropologie brand! :)
I like the picture frame! I could definitely add any of these decor items to my house!
I can definitely picture that frame in your house! Especially with a picture of us in it :) :)
[…] Pretty Gift Guides: Gifts for home enthusiasts Gifts for new moms Gifts for fashion […]
[…] best Cyber Week sales Gift guide for new mamas Gift guide for home enthusiasts and hostesses Gift guide for fashion […]