As far as goals go, July was not my best month ever, but in other ways, it was pretty great. I got to catch up with a few long-distance friends via FaceTime, my baby sister turned 19 (hi Kristen!), Dave and I explored some fun new places in the Triangle, and I’m finally getting back into a good groove with running. I’m also trying to be a little more intentional with blog post planning (I love Emily Ley’s printable for this), and am excited about some posts I have coming up this month!
Drink a glass of water every morning before work.
2. Work through the 28-day challenge in the Tone It Up book. – I’m feeling a little iffy about this book. I like the concept, but since it goes day by day, I’ve found myself unsure of what to do if I miss a day because of a long work day or other obligations. So far, I’ve just started over twice and am plugging along :P
3. Finish writing our wedding thank you notes. – I am kind of mortified that I haven’t finished this yet. It’s going to happen this week!!
Invite someone I don’t know very well out for coffee.
Choose (and start) three books to read this summer. (Find my list here!)
1. Finish writing wedding thank you notes. Seriously.
2. Train for and run the Run for Life 5K (and hopefully beat my time from last year).
3. Host our first guests in our apartment. I am really nervous about being a good hostess when we don’t even have a guest room–advice, please!
4. Unplug for vacation with Dave’s family in the Adirondacks. More about this trip on Thursday!