Typing the title of this post made my heart pound a little–I can’t BELIEVE this day is here and that one month from today, it’ll be my wedding day!!! The past few weeks have been a big mix of emotions, from the joy of my two amazing bridal showers, to the nerves of realizing how little time we have left to finish planning. More than anything in this last month, I want to enjoy this time. Being engaged is such a short and unique season, and I’m thankful that Dave and I have made so many memories over the last 16 1/2 months. My prayer for April is that it is happy, productive, and always focused on the sacrament we’re preparing for.
P.S. I’m going to split this month into two updates, so I’ll have another in two weeks!
Completed in March:
- Finalized our ceremony readings and music.
- Met with our church music director.
- Decided on our signature cocktails.
- Ordered some reception signage.
- Met with our amazing videographers.
- Went to my first dress fitting!
- Ate super healthy and exercised like crazy in anticipation of said dress fitting :)
- Celebrated at my Texas bridal shower!
- Celebrated at my bachelorette party!
- Celebrated at my New York bridal shower!
On our list for the next two weeks:
- Figure out my wedding jewelry, once and for all!
- Finish the text for our programs and have them made.
- Dave is building our escort card display.
- Finish collecting family photos
- Finish our play/do not play list for DJ.
- Go to my second dress fitting!
- Follow up with guests who didn’t send in their RSVPs.
- Send our calligrapher our guests’ names for escort cards.
- Buy/collect wedding morning details.
- Practice our first dance!
- Buy gifts for our parents and each other.
- Write our intercessions for the ceremony.
- Gather a few small reception details.
- Send thank you notes for the gifts we’ve received so far.