I am getting married in TWO MONTHS!!! I have sometimes struggled a little bit during our engagement with not “feeling like a bride” (I don’t know exactly what that entails, but all I knew was that I wanted it!), but now that RSVPs are showing up from across the globe, my mom and future mother-in-law are in full-on bridal shower-planning mode, and this to-do list of mine is dwindling by the day, it really is starting to feel real. With the things on my list this month, I think this will be one of the craziest and most fun months of planning yet, and I want to soak up every bit of it!
Completed in February:
- We mailed our invitations!!
- We met with our reception florist to discuss ideas and inspiration.
- We found and purchased a bunch of details for our reception.
- We worked on our timeline.
- We found a first look location!
- We chose desserts for our dessert table.
- My veil arrived!
- I sent my bridesmaids all of the wedding weekend information.
- I started brainstorming for my bridesmaid brunch.
- We sent the text for our menu to our stationer.
- I did my hair and makeup trial!
On our list for March:
- Figure out my wedding jewelry.
- Finalize our ceremony readings and music.
- Meet with our church music director.
- Write the text for our programs.
- Make a playlist for our cocktail hour.
- Decide on our signature cocktails.
- Order some reception signage.
- Make our escort card display (this is on Dave’s list!).
- Collect family photos.
- Finish our play/do not play list for our DJ.
- Meet with our videographers.
- Go to my first dress fitting!
- Eat super healthy and exercise like crazy in anticipation of said dress fitting :)
- Celebrate at my Texas bridal shower!
- Celebrate at my bachelorette party!
- Celebrate at my New York bridal shower!