The fact that it is already time for another wedding planning update blows my mind–we started our engagement with 17 1/2 months till our wedding date, and while it felt like forever at the time, I can hardly believe how quickly it is going. I think the holidays are going to make this month speed right on by, and I get butterflies just thinking of putting up my 2015 calendar! I’m pretty happy with how much I accomplished this month, the major task being making a huge list of EVERY thing we need to do before May. Even though it’s pushing 120 items long, having it all organized and in one place is a huge relief!
Completed in November:
- I wrote our master to-do list and Dave organized it in a handy spreadsheet
- We received our wedding monogram and invitation proofs!
- I talked with my sister about bridal shower inspiration
- We went on our church Engaged Retreat
- I bought a few fun details and bridesmaid gifts, thanks to Black Friday sales!
- We placed our lighting/draping order
- We visited the venue for my Syracuse bridal shower
- Mrs. Kirk bought her dress
- My dad and Mr. Kirk bought their suits
- I amped up my pre-wedding workout routine
On our list in December:
- Go try on our wedding rings!!
- Book our wedding night hotel
- Book honeymoon hotels (we’ve booked one of four so far!)
- Finish reading the book of possible ceremony readings from our church with Dave and choose the ones that mean the most to us
- Order supplies for a DIY project
- Work with our stationer on our invitations
- Continue to collect small details (a few are on my Christmas list!)
- Continue to work out regularly and eat healthily, even through the holidays
- Schedule a big planning meeting with Fearrington for January