I am so excited to be starting the week out on a great note… Kathryn from Sweet Tea & Champagne sent me the “Stylish Blogger Award” over the weekend! Sweet Tea & Champagne is one of my favorite blogs—Kathryn posts such cute outfits, yummy looking recipes, and fabulous fashion finds, all with the perfect combination of New York City cool and Tennessee charm.
For this award, I have to share seven things about myself, and then pass the award on to another up and coming fashion blogger. So here we go!
1. I lived overseas for 11 years—four in Singapore and seven in Qatar. I therefore have a little bit of trouble identifying where “home” is, but I have had amazing experiences that I wouldn’t trade for anything. 100 degrees is a nice comfortable day to me, and yes, I have ridden a camel. See below. ;)
2. I am the oldest of four. My sisters Dana and Kristen are a freshman at Pitt and a freshman in high school respectively, and my brother Erik is a junior in high school. They are my best friends in the world, and if there was a “Stylish Siblings Award,” I would give it to all of them!
3. I want to work in magazines, and I have been published in two magazines so far. The first was when I won a poetry contest in American Girl when I was 12 and had my poem published in the magazine. The second time was a little more recently! Earlier this month, an article I wrote about Pittsburgh bloggers Joe and Betsy (find Betsy’s blog here) was published in Pittsburgh Weddings Magazine. Read the article online here.
4. My family and I have a thing for Hard Rock Cafes. During my study abroad semester, my classmates knew me as “the girl who goes to all the Hard Rocks.” :P I have been to eighteen in total and I order the same thing pretty much every time. My boyfriend’s mom actually works for the Hard Rock in Cleveland, and it was the topic of one of our first conversations!
5. I think I would rather spend money on shoes than any other article of clothing. I just bought a shoe rack for my room so my favorite pairs wouldn’t be hidden on my closet shelf all the time!
6. I’ve been doing some sort of dancing (ballet, hip hop, ballroom, jazz, etc.) for over ten years. It is definitely one of the biggest passions in my life.
7. I have a little white dog named Cody. :)
I would love to hear some fun facts about my lovely readers, if you feel so inclined! :) Have a delightful Monday!