Earlier this month, we went to a wedding for the first time since December 2019! If you’ve been following me for a while, it is probably no surprise to read that weddings are among my favorite things in the world :) We were so thrilled to have had the chance to fly to Austin to see my beautiful cousin marry her high school sweetheart. Her special day kicked off a pretty big year of weddings for us–we have three more on the calendar from now through New Year’s!
I hadn’t bought a dress (or jewelry or heels, for that matter!) in ages, so my collection of celebration attire felt more than ready for a refresh. For my cousin’s wedding, I ordered a sleeveless, high-neck, blue and white toile dress from H&M that felt just right for a summer celebration. At least once a week, I check for new listings in my size from my favorite retailers on Poshmark–that’s how I scored a jacquard Tuckernuck midi dress for a STEAL to save for a wedding later in the season. Saving money on the dresses opened up some of my budget for versatile accessories I can wear to every wedding, special event, and date night on our calendar. In case you too have a fridge covered in save-the-dates, I wanted to share a selection of the festive pieces that have caught my eye lately. True to my own strategy this wedding season, every dress is under $150 (most under $70!), while the shoes and accessories are more splurge-worthy, but incredibly versatile.
1. For a formal fall wedding: Aurate ear jackets, Mango dress
2. For a seaside soirée: Mango dress, Pamela Munson bag
3. For a late-summer garden party reception: Mango dress, Loeffler Randall heels
4. For a casual summer celebration: & Other Stories dress, Tiffany Custard Designs earrings
5. For an early fall cocktail attire wedding: & Other Stories dress (click through to see the gorgeous back!), Sarah Flint Emma heels (use the code SARAHFLINT-BALISAK for $50 off)
6. For a late summer cocktail attire wedding: H&M dress, Nicola Bathie earrings
Thank you to Responsival for sponsoring this post!
SUCH a fun post and perfectly timed, with the happy return of post-COVID weddings! Loving these combos:)
I’m so glad you like them! :)