As you may remember, my word for 2020 is JOY. And while this year has looked so different than I had anticipated when I chose that word, there has been so much joy in this year…even (especially) when it felt the hardest to find. The world feels heavy right now, for good reason, but I think that makes it all the more important to keep seeking out, fighting for, and creating opportunities for true, authentic, Holy Spirit-given joy and contentment. I’m printing out a copy of the list below so that we can refer to it often and be inspired to check off every item…hopefully more than once!
1. Go out for ice cream cones at our favorite ice cream shop.
2. Pick blueberries.
3. Play on our new backyard splash pad.
4. Catch fireflies.
5. Make popsicles.
6. Have a picnic in our favorite park.
7. Watch the stars.
8. Read a classic.
9. Swim in the neighborhood pool
10. Take morning walks.
11. Drink rosé on the porch.
12. Pick up Merritt’s BLTs for a picnic.
13. Teach Charlie to play kickball.
14. Escape to the beach for a day.
15. Have a movie night on the screened-in porch.
16. Bake a pie.
17. Go on a date night.
18. Do a Holy Hour.
19. Write five snail mail letters.
20. Celebrate the Fourth of July.