I’m not sure if it’s because we’re having a girl, the fact that it’s our second baby and we already have all the “big stuff” (crib, glider, etc.), or our more thorough knowledge of what our littlest family member might need, but I’ve been loving the chance to shop for this baby! Our friends and family gave us so many beautiful gifts at my baby shower earlier this month, and ever since, I’ve been filling in the gaps of the things on our list. We thankfully still have lots of practical, neutral pieces from Charlie’s baby days, so most of my purchases have focused on clothes, nursery decor, and fun little girly things :) We’re putting the finishing touches on the nursery over the next week or so and I’m looking forward to sharing a peek! In the meantime, I rounded up a handful of my favorite baby girl goodies so far below.
1. Bow beret: Having a winter baby = bring on the hats! I’m not sure I could handle the sweetness of bundling up our girl in this teeny beret.
2. Bibs pacifiers: Like classic second-time parents, we plan to introduce pacifiers a little earlier this time around. I’ve heard mamas rave about Bibs pacifiers for their newborns and I love the minimalist look and pretty colors they come in.
3. Hairbrush: Confession: even though Charlie has had a full head of hair since the day he was born, he’s never owned a hairbrush! We used the little plastic brush from the hospital for well over a year, and since then, I just use mine when I can convince him to let me brush his hair. Not sure that’s going to fly for a girl! This sweet blush one will last for years.
4. Angelina Ballerina: This was one of my favorite books as a kid, so it was only fitting that my mom treated baby girl to her own copy!
5. Floral bunny: Jellycat stuffed animals are THE softest. We picked up this little bunny to be Charlie’s gift for his baby sister when she comes home from the hospital. I was born on Easter Sunday and received a bunny as a gift every year throughout my childhood, so it feels extra special to give my own babies stuffed bunnies at birth (Charlie has this one).
6. Toile set: I can already tell that the Janie and Jack sale section is going to be my weakness! This precious toile set is one of my favorite baby girl outfits I’ve seen.
7. Little Poppy Co. bows: All the girl mamas I know insist that the key to getting their daughters to wear bows is to start them young, so I already subscribed to Little Poppy Co.! I’m usually too picky to trust a subscription like this, but I LOVE every design they’ve ever created. Use this referral link for $5 off your first month of bows (and baby girl thanks you for the credit toward her collection :)).
8. Swaddle set: I fell in love with this Little Unicorn set when I was pregnant with Charlie and have had it earmarked for a future daughter ever since. We are in the seemingly small camp of parents who used “real” swaddles like this nightly when Charlie was little. Even if baby girl prefers something stronger like the SwaddleMe or Ollie, though, I love the weight and texture of Little Unicorn’s swaddles as play mats, blankets in the car/on the plane, and as photo backdrops!
9. Gathre mat: One of my random must-haves for this baby was a Gathre mat. The quality is gorgeous and the uses are endless! We have the mini size (which is actually pretty big) and plan to use it as a play mat over our rug at first, and a high chair mat later on.
10. Promptly journal: I’m hoping that as a writer, I’ll be more motivated to keep up with a Promptly journal for baby girl than I am a scrapbook-type baby book. Completing the pregnancy section is going to be one of my February goals and I’m excited to start filling the pages! (For Prime shipping, they’re also available on Amazon here.)
11. Mary print: I’m a little obsessed with everything by Studio Senn and could have easily filled every frame in baby girl’s room with her gorgeous, creative, Catholic art. We settled on this unique print since it’s so pretty and feminine, but also has a fascinating story.
13. Floral laundry basket: I couldn’t believe this laundry basket was from Target when I first spotted it—the floral print! The bamboo detail! It’s adding the prettiest pop of blue to baby girl’s mostly-pink room.
Girl mamas, I’m so eager to hear your favorite products, shops, and sources for just about anything! Fill me in below :)