February is typically my least favorite month of the year, but this one has actually been really wonderful. I credit that to a few different things, including our new “Rule of Life” inspired by the book I read in January (link below!), a sweet visit from my mom, my busiest month of Lisa Kirk Writing to date, the first signs of spring in Raleigh, a solid start to Lent, and a knockout month when it comes to goals! I am pretty good about giving myself grace when I don’t complete all my goals in a month, but gosh, it feels good to cross things off all down the list every once in awhile :)
(Note: this year, I’m setting a monthly goal per yearly goal. I hope it will be fun to follow along with my specific goal progress!)
Celebrate Valentine’s Day and the start of Lent intentionally (posts here and here!)
Create a first draft of our weekly routine based on favorite takeaways from A Mother’s Rule of Life.
Clean out our storage baskets and my shoe collection.
Go on our February date
Make a friend feel extra loved on her 30th birthday.
Go to the gym twice a week and do an at-home workout once a week. (Y’all, I can FINALLY cross off a gym goal!!)
Fast from social media for Lent, starting on 2/14.
Faithfully use the Every Dollar app when I make purchases. (We are officially obsessed with this app. Game-changer in the Kirk house!)
Finish The Lifegiving Home and start Simplicity Parenting. (I decided to save Simplicity Parenting for after Lent, so I re-read The Story of a Soul instead. SO good.)
1. Continue my Lenten fasts and commitments and joyfully prepare for Easter!
2. Type and print our “Rule of Life” to post on the fridge.
3. Update the artwork + add shelves in Charlie’s room (more on this next week).
4. Support, encourage, and pray for Dave as he takes his first exam for the CPA. Would love your prayers for him too!
5. Host my sister and her fiancé well when they visit for spring break!
6. Continue to attend barre and PiYo classes every week, and go on at least one long walk per week as the weather improves. (Have you ever tried PiYo? I am loving it!)
7. Launch my Beautycounter newsletter! More on this to come too :)
8. Have a finance meeting with Dave.
9. Read The Life of St. Gemma Galgani (I’m writing a blog post about her for Blessed Is She, so keep an eye out for that in April if you follow them!)
10. (Bonus goal not connected to my yearly goals, but important) Back up photos to our external hard drive.