I am pretty excited for February! Usually, this point of winter has me feeling a little down (what do you mean it’s still going to be cold for at least another month?? And yes, I know, that’s not too shabby compared to lots of places! ;)), but there are so many exciting things on our calendar this month. A few noteworthy events: a visit from my mom (she’s on her way this morning!), my first haircut since MARCH, Candlemas tomorrow, a “Galentine’s Day” party in downtown Raleigh (tickets are available here if you’re local–it’s going to be so much fun!), and, of course, the start of Lent, which I’ll be sharing my plans for soon. I was very happy with my goal progress in January and am hopeful that I can keep the momentum up, even with so much going on over the next few weeks!
(Note: this year, I’m going to try to set one monthly goal per yearly goal to help keep my Goals posts from functioning as to-do lists. I hope it will be more fun to follow along with my specific goal progress, too!)
Attend daily Mass with Charlie
2. Draft a weekly routine plan to use this month while I read A Mother’s Rule of Life.
Take notes while I read so I know exactly how to tweak it.
3. Clean out our storage baskets and
Make a list of date ideas for the year and go on our January date. (We ran out of time–whoops! Will hopefully make up for missing our bowling + pizza date later in the year!)
Write two letters to long-distance friends.
Choose 2-3 fitness classes to include in my weekly routine and go to them.
Analyze survey results and make a list of post ideas from it.
Help Dave set our 2018 financial goals.
Make my reading list.
1. Celebrate Valentine’s Day (post coming soon!) and the start of Lent intentionally
2. Create a first draft of our weekly routine based on favorite takeaways from A Mother’s Rule of Life.
3. Clean out our storage baskets and my shoe collection.
4. Go on our February date (happening tomorrow)!
5. Make a friend feel extra loved on her 30th birthday.
6. Go to the gym twice a week and do an at-home workout once a week.
7. Fast from social media for Lent (!!), starting on 2/14.
8. Faithfully use the Every Dollar app when I make purchases (thanks for the suggestion, Nancy!).
9. Finish The Lifegiving Home and start Simplicity Parenting. (Also planning to re-read Walk in Her Sandals for Lent–I read it last year and it was an easy but insightful book for the season!)
I’d love to hear about your goals and the things on your calendar this month, too! Let me know below!