I’m one day early here, but happy, happy December! The first few months of 2017 were some of the most challenging I’ve ever experienced, but I’m grateful that this year has only gotten sweeter as it has progressed. Here’s hoping this month is the best one yet :) We’re excited to “live it up” a little in December because Dave is going to be studying for the CPA exam starting in January, which seems almost like a part-time job on top of his already-demanding career. His new schedule is going to be quite the adjustment for our family, and if you’ve ever supported your spouse through something like this, I’d love to hear any advice you may have! A few things I’m especially looking forward to as we celebrate Advent and Christmas and close out 2017: kicking off the month in Kiawah Island with Dave’s parents (where we are now!), celebrating an early family Christmas next weekend for just the three of us, doing a little hotel hop to check out the decorations, checking out a European Christmas market, and welcoming a new liturgical year with the help of my Every Sacred Sunday journal (they’re the first Kickstarter I’ve ever donated to!).
Create, curate, and share lots of joyful, inspiring holiday content
Get all of my Christmas shopping done (Woohoo! If you’re still working on this, you can find all of my gift guides listed here)
3. Exercise three times a week (More like once or twice…but I still feel like I made some progress, finally!)
Host friends for a Thanksgiving brunch
Deep clean our house
7. Work ahead on Lisa Kirk Writing to free up time for December vacations (Not as much as I had hoped, so moving this to the first week or so of this month)
1. Mail our Christmas cards
2. Pray through 33 Days to Morning Glory
3. Intentionally unplug on weekends and on Dave’s days off
4. Celebrate Christmas well!
5. Work through my 2018 PowerSheets prep work
6. Put together a 2018 Something Pretty survey to share in the new year