I’ve been a mom for four weeks now, and along with a few very necessary lessons (like diapering–I’d never changed one before my own baby!), the biggest thing I’ve learned so far is how valuable time is. It has been challenging, and sometimes a little overwhelming, to try to decide what I want/need to do when Charlie is asleep–should I do a load of laundry? Take a shower? Write a blog post? Actually rest? I’ve been alternating between all of those types of things, but one thing that is never on my list is spending a lot of time on my hair and makeup, especially on days when I’m not going farther than a walk around the neighborhood. That said, I’ve realized that the more put together I look, the more put together I feel, so soon after coming home from the hospital, I started experimenting with a simplified version of my everyday makeup routine. I’ve landed on something that feels fresh and polished enough for running errands and chatting with neighbors, but takes five minutes max, so I wanted to share it today!
1. Apply Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse Beauty Balm with SPF 25 all over face–this is my favorite product for when I’m exercising, too! I love that it has buildable coverage that’s especially impressive for a BB cream.
2. Dot Benefit Boi-ing Industrial-Strength Concealer on any redness or blemishes.
3. Apply bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener under eyes to brighten dark circles.
4. Brush Cover FX Blotting Powder on T-zone to set everything.
5. Fill in eyebrows with Pixi Natural Brow Duo.
6. Curl eyelashes and apply Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (only on top lashes, as per my favorite makeup artist’s recommendation).
7. Dot Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm in Roly Rosy Posy on apples of cheeks and blend. (Tip if you’re interested in this product: Amazon‘s price is half that of department stores!).
8. Apply a natural chapstick or lip balm (I’ve been using Smith’s Rosebud Salve)–safe for baby smooches!
It would be easy to skip makeup all together in this season, but this routine is so easy and quick, I’ve been doing it every single day!
Mamas, what tweaks have you made to your routines to make life with little ones easier? I’d love to hear!