While it always feels good to cross off every one of my monthly goals, I’ve never felt quite so accomplished as I did in September! It’s hard to believe that two short weeks ago, we were anxiously waiting for Charlie to be born, and now, he’s here and we’re PARENTS. Dave and I decided to spend the first week of Charlie’s life on our own to figure things out together, and even though it was just a few days, it was such a special time and something I know I’ll cherish forever. On Charlie’s one-week birthday, my parents joined us to meet their first grandbaby (!) and lend a hand, and having the help has been a huge blessing. I’m so curious to see how October goes as Dave heads back to work (he’ll take the rest of his paternity leave in December) and we have a few more guests coming in and out!
Stock up on household and postpartum supplies Pack our hospital bags Enjoy a relaxing, long Labor Day weekend Have a baby!!
- Navigate the transition of Dave going back to work with a positive attitude
- Have Charlie baptized! (And host our families well for the celebration)
- Aim to take a walk around the neighborhood every day
- Back up the photos on my computer
- Celebrate Halloween with chili, cornbread, passing out candy, and Charlie’s first costume!