If I had to describe June in a few words, it would be quality time with friends. I was definitely inspired by a series on friendship that my boss just wrapped up (you can download it all here!), and now that Dave and I are a bit more settled into our new routine, we put a lot of effort into making plans and connecting with people we care about. We’re super blessed to have some wonderful new friends here in North Carolina, and we also tried to catch a few long-distance friends on the phone to catch up. I love this reminder about the importance of strong friendships in the Bible: “Two are better than one…If the one falls, the other will help the fallen one” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10). Here’s hoping July will include some more of the same!
1. Celebrate one month of marriage!! 2. Blog twice a week.
3. Run three times a week. – I’m counting this as a work in progress–I missed a few runs due to travel, but am proud of the runs I did go on!
4. Research places to get my wedding dress cleaned (Triangle friends, any suggestions?) and bring it in. 5. Take a weekend trip to Virginia to visit my BFF and her husband. Yay! 6. Officially change my name!
1. Drink a glass of water every morning before work.
2. Work through the 28-day challenge in the Tone It Up book.
3. Finish writing our wedding thank you notes.
4. Invite someone I don’t know very well out for coffee.
5. Choose (and start) three books to read this summer. If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears!