This month’s wedding update feels great to write, because we got SO much done this month!! It has been a great balance of super productive, like our venue meeting where we knocked at least 20 things off of my to-do list within an hour, and celebratory, like our special dinner date in honor of 100 days till the big day. This past weekend was definitely one of the highlights–one my sisters/maids of honor and two of my best friends/bridesmaids traveled to North Carolina to visit and help me assemble invitations. They also threw me the sweetest surprise mini bridal shower while they were here! My bridal party is spread out across the country, so any chance I’ve had to see them during my engagement has been a huge blessing. It made me even more excited for my bridal shower/bachelorette party weekend at home in Texas coming up in March!
Completed in January:
- Chose and ordered our specialty linens
- Researched vintage cars
- We received our invitations!
- Had our big planning meeting with Fearrington, where we confirmed rentals, layout, and timeline
- We went over the timeline with our photographer
- We chose our cocktail hour and reception menu
- We had our cake tasting and chose our cake
- We ordered table numbers and stands
- I ordered my getting ready outfit and earrings
- We bought postcards for our guest book
- We celebrated 100 days till our wedding!
- Dave finalized menswear details and told his groomsmen
- I met with our bouquet florist to discuss ideas and inspiration
- My dear friend Emily addressed our invitations in her beautiful handwriting
- My sister and two of my bridesmaids, Dana, Angela, and Leah, visited and helped me assemble invitations
On our list for February:
- Mail invitations!
- Meet with our reception florist
- Send hair/makeup/accessories details to my bridesmaids
- Set up a meeting with our church music director
- Order day-of paper details
- Shop for a bunch of reception details
- Choose desserts for our dessert table
- Come up with our signature cocktail
- Do my hair and makeup trial