Happy New Year, friends! This by far feels like my most exciting wedding update post yet–we are FOUR little months away from the big day, and in our actual wedding year!! There are a million things I need to get done in the next 16 weeks (!!!!), but I am so happy to be in this stage of our engagement. I have been looking forward to planning my wedding for as long as I can remember, and now that we’re making decisions left and right, it’s getting more real by the day!
Completed in December:
- Tried on our wedding rings–we LOVE them!!
- Booked our wedding night hotel
- Booked all of our honeymoon hotels!!
- Finalized our invitation design
- Ordered supplies for our biggest DIY project
- My dad and Dave’s dad ordered their suits
- My mom and I went dress shopping and found her dress (she looks beautiful in it!)
- Talked through travel/week-of plans with my parents
- Spent some sweet time with my sisters and two of my bridesmaids while in Texas!
On our list for January:
- Meet with our venue to finalize our rental orders, design, and menu
- Finalize menswear details
- Book trains for our honeymoon and add to our list of things we want to do
- Revise floral orders with both florists and discuss designs with them
- Set up a meeting with church music director
- Choose any specialty linens we want to use and order them
- Do the Tone It Up Love Your Body series to continue getting in “wedding shape”–I did this series last year and loved it, and am looking forward to working through it again! Putting this on my wedding list and January goals (coming next week!) for double motivation :)
- Send invitations!