On this Thanksgiving and every day, I am grateful for…
This place card is a free printable by Saffron Avenue that we’ll be using today!
1. My faith. The gift of knowing that I was created for a purpose and am loved beyond measure by God, that He has a plan for my life that is so much bigger than anything I could dream up on my own, that He gives and takes away, that He is merciful. That I live in a country where I can walk into church every single Sunday without fear.
2. A husband who gives me butterflies when he walks in the door, adores our son with all his heart, encourages me fiercely, makes coffee for me every morning, and loves the Lord. We’ve been married for two and a half years now and I still can’t believe I get to spend my life with my best friend.
3. A little boy who is sweeter than honey, has the most precious blue eyes and curls like his dad, amazes me with how smart he is, loves books and animals, and is happiest when he is snuggled up with me. Parenting a toddler is not always easy, but gosh, this boy has my heart in every way.
4. Our parents who love us so well even from across the country, are always happy when we call, and who we know would be on the next flight if we ever really needed it.
5. Our siblings who are our dearest friends, are there for us in good times (birthday videos and group texts) and not-so-good times (any time we have car trouble), never fail to make us laugh, and read Something Pretty regularly–even my brother-in-law (hi, Dominic!).
6. Our safe, cozy home that I literally thank God for every day. The way we can see the sunrise from our front window, the memories of the people we’ve gathered around our dining room table, the way it feels to end a long day under the string lights on our porch.
7. My friends, who are always up for coffee (or rosé) dates, who ask how I’m really doing, who send snail mail, who don’t care if I’ve vacuumed my house that week or not, and who I can’t imagine doing life and motherhood without.
8. The opportunity to create my own days. It feels like such a privilege to wake up each morning and decide what Charlie and I will do, how I can bring joy to both of our days, and what I might be able to teach him or introduce him to, and to find moments to tend to other things I’m passionate about as well (namely blogging, writing, and Beautycounter!).
9. The blessing of living in a city that I love. I’ve believed the lie that “If only I lived in XYZ, I’d be happy/content/at home” too many times in my life, and not having that nagging thought in my head is something I don’t take for granted.
10. The kind, creative, thoughtful people I’m SO honored to call Something Pretty readers. I know there are a lot of blogs out there, and even though I would love blogging just as much if it was only my family reading, the fact that I get to connect with amazing women all over the world through this platform never fails to amaze me. I’m so honored that you’re here!
What blessings are you especially thankful for today? Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo