Confession: the majority of the gifts on my own wish list are part of this category. Whether it’s a classic staple I can’t stop admiring or a trendy accessory I’d love to try my hand at styling, gifts for the closet are just so much fun to receive…and to give! I tried to include a good variety of items today so that you can select pieces that best fit a friend/sister/mom’s personal style and taste. What they have in common, though, is that they’re all a little bit playful–I’ve come to believe more than ever that fashion should first and foremost be something that adds joy to someone’s life. I hope you find something below to make someone on your list smile!
As always, splurge-worthy gifts of over $50 are starred!
1. Bow sweater: Super cozy with girly details? Sign me up! I bought this sweater recently (see it on me here) and can’t stop reaching for it. It can be styled with so many different outfits, so I think any fashion enthusiast would be happy to add it to her closet. I sized up to a medium for a slouchier fit.
2. Navy nail polish: This Essie is one of my go-to shades in fall and winter–it’s the perfect shade of navy, and an unexpected, but always elegant, color choice.
3. Marble and rose gold iPhone case: Can’t decide between two trends? I wouldn’t usually say to embrace both, but this phone case is where I’ll make an exception.
4. New York: Through a Fashion Eye book: Part-NYC guide and part-illustrated coffee table-style book, this looks like a really fun, charming book to flip through when in need of a little Manhattan style inspiration (does that desire ever strike anyone else? I definitely feel it from time to time!)
5. Winter Essentials mug: Christmas mugs are a dime a dozen, but I think this one (by one of my favorite calligraphers) is the cutest! Fill it with a packet of hot cocoa mix, some gourmet marshmallows, and a mini candy cane for an easy, always sweet gift.
6. Press for champagne keychain: I can’t get over how cute this keychain is, inspired by the Pinterest-famous “Press for Champagne” wall hanging. Such a good stocking stuffer!
7. Cozy pom pom beanie: It has been a long time since I lived somewhere cold enough to require a beanie, but I would pull this cute cableknit one out even in our mild North Carolina winter. If Caitlin from Southern Curls & Pearls can rock them so often, surely it’s acceptable, right? :)
*8. Classic ballet flats: I live in flats and have long been debating investing in a Tory Burch or Tieks pair. Well, I have a new favorite: the exquisitely crafted Margaux Demis that look like something Audrey Hepburn would wear. Now to decide on a color! (This navy or the dove gray are topping my list.)
*9. Neutral leather clutch: I have been on the hunt for a date night-ready clutch that is a little bigger than my current go-to, and I think this might be the one. I love the tassel detail and the fact that you can add a petite gold foil monogram! Comes in six colors.
10. Velvet box hair tie: Velvet is hands down my current favorite trend, especially for the holidays! It feels special, but is still so wearable. I can see this sweet hair tie being paired with a long-sleeved black dress and block heels for a holiday party just as well as with a cableknit sweater, leggings, and boots. Comes in three colors.
11. Sparkly statement necklace: I’m super picky about statement necklaces and generally prefer longer options, but the colors in this one are too pretty to pass up. I feel like it’s my Lisa Kirk Writing branding in jewelry form!
12. Bandana: I have had a soft spot for all things French-inspired since I was a little girl, so I love all of the bandanas in stores right now! Knot them around your neck (would you be interested in an outfit post about how to style them? Let me know!), loop them around your purse handles, or tie them around a ponytail to add a little Parisian pop to an outfit.
13. Rose gold tassel earrings: I know they’ve been around for a little while, but I’m still not over tassel earrings! These rose gold ones would be the cutest addition to festive holiday outfits. Comes in eight colors.
14. Travel shoe bag: Anyone else still stuff their shoes into grocery bags when traveling? (Hand raised!) This drawstring bag is a much cuter option that any jetsetter would be sure to love and appreciate.
16. Macaron trinket boxes: Okay, how precious are these? Pick up one or a set of four for storing rings, earrings, and sweet little trinkets.
17. Bow convertible gloves: Sometimes, piling on winter layers makes me feel anything but stylish. The solution: winter pieces with feminine touches, like the most darling bows on these cozy convertible gloves. Comes in eight colors.