1. Introduce yourself! Hi! I’m Lisa. I’m married to my best friend (we met while studying abroad in Austria!), a mama to a one-year-old boy, a writer, and a blogger. I launched Something Pretty in 2010 as a wedding blog to help me prepare for a career at a bridal magazine. I was blessed to work at my dream magazine for almost four years before I left to focus on my family after my son was born. Now, I spend my days navigating motherhood, working part-time as a copywriter in the wedding industry, sharing the mission of safer beauty with Beautycounter, and blogging about feminine style and joyful living for city moms here on Something Pretty!
2. Where can people find you and your family on a Saturday? We live just a few miles outside of downtown Raleigh, and we love taking advantage of that close proximity by heading into the city on Saturdays. I don’t think a weekend is complete without brunch, so we might head to one of our favorite brunch spots for biscuits and mimosas, and then take a long walk through a historic neighborhood in the city, iced coffee in hand.
3. What’s your best habit related to wellness? I never, ever, ever sleep in makeup. I’ve also gotten a lot better about drinking water ever since I was pregnant last summer and got into the habit of lugging a giant water bottle around everywhere I went!
4. How did you first learn about Beautycounter and why did you join as a consultant? Beautycounter did a limited time collaboration with Target a few years ago, and while I remember the pretty packaging catching my eye, I didn’t learn more about the company and what makes them so special until just a few months ago when a friend posted on Instagram about a product she was trying. I began using Beautycounter myself because of my son, Charlie. Having him in my arms and near my face all day every day made me think long and hard about the potentially harmful chemicals I was exposing him to through the products I was using. As for joining as a consultant? Once I fell in love with not only Beautycounter’s deep commitment to safer beauty, but also their high performing products that I knew I’d be talking about and sharing regardless of if I was a consultant or not, I decided to jump in!
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Beautycounter consultant? So many things! Most of all, having been a blogger for almost seven years now, sharing the products that I love and believe in feels like second nature to me. I believe in Beautycounter and want my family members, friends, and readers to experience the same wonderful results (and peace of mind) that I have.
6. What is your current daily skincare routine? You can read all about it here!
7. Which is your #1 favorite Beautycounter product and why? I don’t feel quite put together unless I’m wearing lipstick, and our Lip Sheers are honestly some of the best lipsticks I’ve ever used. They’re so moisturizing, they feel more like lip balm, and the color stays put for a surprisingly long time without drying out your lips. I’ve been wearing the Coral color almost every day this summer. (If I get to pick a runner-up, it’s the Balancing + Charcoal collection, since I now can’t imagine my skincare routine without it. Hint hint for the giveaway below :)
8. Which Beautycounter product is on your list to pick up next? The Holiday sets just launched and they look soooo good! At the top of my list are the Ultimate Nudes Eyeshadow Palette and the Poppy Lip Duo.
10. What’s your best/favorite beauty tip? When in doubt, swipe on bright lipstick. Even if your hair is on dry shampoo day three and you’re barely wearing any other makeup, you’ll still look put together!
Now for the good stuff! Use the Rafflecopter below to enter to win the Beautycounter Spa Set of your choice (the options are Brightening, Plumping, or Balancing). Each set contains a mask, a facial mist, and a facial oil. As I mentioned above, the Balancing collection is one of my favorite things I use, and I hope whoever wins loves the set they choose as much as I love this one :) The giveaway ends October 15 and the winner will be announced on the 16th!
Good luck! xo
P.S. Whether you’re a blogger or not, if you’re interested in trying Beautycounter products (the Holiday collections launched today and they are AMAZING!) or joining our sweet team as a consultant, I’d love to hear from you!! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org :)